Promises of God Part 9
I Will Never Leave You Nor Forsake You
Nov 8 - 16, 2020
Deuteronomy 31:6-8 / Psalm 94:12-22 / 1 Corinthians 3:16-23 / John 14:12-19
- Read Deuteronomy 31:6-8. In the wake of a presidential election that was divisive and trying for all Americans, what does the Lord tell you from this passage? Do you really trust Him…that He is always with us, always wants what is best for us (Romans 8:28), is always teaching us and transforming us? What about this truth, this promise, is so hard for you, especially now?
- Twice in this short passage (Deuteronomy 31:6-8), Moses says, “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Do you believe this? How does this make you feel? In this time of pandemic and social unrest in our country, what is God telling you in this passage? Pray that this promise seeks deep within your soul.
- On the cross, just before he dies, Jesus cries out “My God, My God, why have your forsaken me?” What did Jesus mean by this? Why is this such an important feature of His sacrifice for us?
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:16-23. This passage says that “we” are God’s temple and that the Spirit dwells in us. There is a vision throughout Scripture of the world being drawn to the temple (Isaiah 2:3; Micah 4:2; Psalm 122:1; culminating in Revelation 21:22). Would the world, looking at you and your actions and the way you speak, be drawn to God’s temple? Be honest. Ask God to help you to adorn your bodily temple in such a way (Galatians 5:22-23: the fruit of the Spirit…read this) that all men and women would be drawn to Him.
- Read John 14:12-19. Jesus says something stunning here, “Whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and GREATER WORKS THAN THESE WILL HE DO…” How can this be true? What is the role of the Holy Spirit in this? How might this embolden you and the Church to be about the works of love in our community and in the world?
Blessings BasketMusic MinistryWeddings at St. John's Parish ChurchWomen's Groups & Bible StudiesLadies of Cheer MinistryCo-Ed Adult Bible Studies and Sunday SchoolMen's Bible StudiesYouth and Childrens Groups and SchoolVestry NominationGod Is Working With UsPrayer Shawl MinistryTechnology and Social Media MinistryWord Weavers MinistryChildren's MinistryCub ScoutsYouth MinistryAltar Flowers Ministry & Altar GuildDaughters of the Holy CrossHaut GapAll Saints Day 2019Feeding the MultitudeWhen You Get a Gift, the Giver has a Claim on You"Rise and go...and he rose and went."